Since we were going to be spending Christmas in St. Louis this year, we decided to start celebrating the Christmas season a little early. So instead of having turkey on Thanksgiving, we drove to Salzburg, Austria for their Advent/Christmas festivities. It was like a fairytale--snow, lights, carolers, Christmas markets....
We took a bus out to Hellbrun Castle a few kilometers outside of Salzburg, where they had all kinds of Christmas activities. The kids rode the train, we roasted our own bratwurst over an open fire, saw animals, shopped, drank glühwein, and just enjoyed the atmosphere.
The decorations at the Castle Hellbrun were so interesting and festive. I especially loved how this huge tree was decorated with giant red ornaments and lit really beautifully.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
What??? Salzburg?? My favorite city ( i have other favorites but its my favorite;) We're so obsessed with The Sound of Music right now so I"m feeling ultra jealous;)
beautiful tree and I love how you took a pic of the kids looking at the toys! I'm glad we get another chance to go see Europe again and Salzburg was one we didn't make it to yet! :)
Post a Comment