Saturday, January 1, 2011

Polish Pottery

Once again, I'm way behind on blogging. This post will be a quick one, because it was a really quick trip and I didn't take very many pictures. Basically, a few months ago, my friend (whose name is also Rachel) and I went on an overnight bus trip to Poland to do some Polish pottery shopping. Americans here are CRAZY for Polish pottery, so I wanted to go see what all the fuss was about.


We went to at least 10 different Ceramic stores, but at this one in particular, we were able to take a quick tour of their "factory".



Such a tedious job to paint each ceramic piece one by one.




My friend Rachel and I doing some shopping. You can tell that I had just spent the night before on a bus!

We had a great trip, and I found plenty of things I never knew I always wanted. Our favorite "find" was the clearance section of one store--most of the pieces were perfectly good--they just maybe had a little irregularity in the pattern or something.
Since it was such a quick trip, our only cultural experiences were a couple restaurants, a grocery store, and shopping. So, I would love to go back to Poland for a non-shopping trip before we leave Europe.

No comments: