Monday, January 11, 2010

All Things Christmas



Decorating the Christmas tree! Evan "helped" this year by putting on and taking off the same ornament about a dozen times!



I finally finished Evan's stocking this year! It's so cute, but I'm seriously considering not having any more kids so I don't have to make one of these again:) And hopefully Rose will never notice that her stocking is, well, much simpler than Evan's.....




The kids and I had so much fun making cookies together this year!



Rose was able to roll out, cut out, and decorate cookies completely by herself--I was so proud!



We did a Christmas dinner and cookie exchange with our Life Group--yum!



It snowed quite a bit before Christmas, but sadly, it all melted the day before Christmas Eve



The kids opening their Christmas Eve present from Uncle Seth and Aunt Samantha.



Jeremy found an older German dollhouse at a flea market a few months ago, and he and I spent every evening for a week scraping out the floor to ceiling wallpaper. We were up late on Christmas Eve painting and staining the dollhouse, but it turned out really cute.



Here's the not-quite-finished dollhouse kitchen with some wooden furniture I found on German Amazon. You can tell it's German furniture because the fridge & sink are tiny, and there's a washing machine but no dryer:)



Opening up presents on Christmas morning.



That night we had our good friends, the Allisons, over for Christmas dinner. After the kids fell asleep, we made Mike and Erin play Settlers of Catan with us. Mike won, so hopefully they'll play it with us again!

1 comment:

Mike and Erin said...

That is a super terrible picture of me eating dinner. It wouldn't even be so bad if I was JUST stuffing my face, but what is up with my eyes?